Please note that additional information and tips for Covid-19 and hot weather has been issued by the government.
- Fans should not be used in offices as this could increase the spread of infection. Remember that fans are ineffective in temperatures above 350C and cause increased dehydration.
- Open windows and use blinds to help regulate temperature.
- Staff wearing PPE should keep hydrated, change masks regularly (especially if damp) and ensure that their own well-being is maintained.
- Paracetamol (and aspirin) may be used to manage COVID-related symptoms but it is recommended that they are not used solely to reduce body temperature. Always consult your pharmacist, GP or NHS 111 for advice.
- Keep cool and hydrated by regularly sipping cold water-based drinksand avoid alcohol
- Use sponges or cloths made damp by cold water to help control your temperature
- Close blinds and curtains to help control the temperature of your home
- Check on the wellbeing of vulnerable friends and family who may be shielding or who are isolated. Remember to observe social distancing guidance social distancing guidance