This is the latest info that West Sussex Rail Users Assoc. has put out. It does not make December an easy month on the trains!
“RMT and ASLEF industrial Action
Due to the industrial action by drivers in the ASLEF and RMT unions, regrettably we expect Southern services to be severely disrupted on every day from Tuesday 6 December until further notice.
In addition strikes will affect Southern and Gatwick Express services on the following dates:
• Tuesday 6 and Thursday 8 December (RMT conductors’ strike)
• Tuesday 13 and Wednesday 14 December (ASLEF & RMT drivers’ strike)
• Friday 16 December (ASLEF & RMT drivers’ strike)
• Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 December (RMT conductors’ strike)
• Saturday 31 December to Monday 2 January (RMT conductors’ strike)
• Monday 9 to Saturday 14 January (ASLEF & RMT drivers’ strike)
Please note the previously announced strike between 22 December and 24 December has been moved to 19 and 20 December.
Services are expected to be particularly disrupted on the drivers’ strike dates with no services on most routes. Other operators’ services are not affected, but may be busier. Journey planners will only be updated 24 hours before the date in question. Travel updates will be available as soon as it is confirmed here
We are very sorry for the continued disruption to your journeys.”
This is a verbatim copy of the Southern Railway announcement.